Up to £55,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingThe opportunity:
A great opportunity has arisen for experienced Test Equipment Engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. Our department focuses on specifying the production and in-service tests required to ensure accurate manufacture and continued operation of the unit hardware.
The role includes managing the requirements for Test Equipment and leading the development through delivery and into service.
This is an excellent opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. You will also have future opportunities to become a Team Leader within Project teams.
- The role will see you ensuring the implementation of Test Equipment requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle
- Responsible for writing and developing the test specifications detailing the hardware testing required during production
- Leading Test Equipment design trades between Cost, Scope and Time:
- Proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs
- Working with the manufacturing team define the Special-To-Type Test Equipment (STTE) required to support production
- Management of Test System obsolescence to optimise upgrade programs
- Technically lead internal & external suppliers for delivery of Test Equipment packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements, and be the main point of contact between the project team and TE supplier.
There are about 15 staff within the Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and partner a broad range of other Functions within MBDA. You have a high degree of autonomy and be able to represent the Project / Function in many high-profile meetings.What we're looking for from you:
Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) with experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, ideally Test Equipment Design, Test Equipment Requirement, Test Specifications and supplier management.
You will have experience and understanding of project management and planning; cost and budget control; diverse and conflicting customer Management; systems design; safety systems; ability to technically lead internal and sub-contract activities, ability to influence managers and partners across the company; determination and desire to travel when required.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.