Software Safety EngineerSalary:
Circa £55,000 to £70,000 (doe)What to expect:
Hybrid working pattern:
- Bonus of up to 21%
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working - Typical dynamic working would be 2 or 3 days in office, depending on project phase. The opportunity!
As a Software Safety Engineer you will be part of a team delivering software safety arguments for the next generation of advanced missile systems, and have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills within the defence systems domain, with a specific focus on the safety assurance of our software products.
What we're looking for from you:
- Help to lead and develop software safety across multiple specialist areas including Embedded, Command and Control (C2) and Mission Planning systems.
- You will co-ordinate safety-related activities across multiple projects and product variants in order to ensure the efficient delivery of software safety solutions into these areas.
- A hands-on role that requires a combination of both technical and organisational/inter-personal skills.
- You will be involved in developing MBDA's software safety processes for the adoption of new technology within a safety context.
What's in it for you?
- Significant experience in delivering safety-related/critical reports and arguments.
- Experience of being responsible for the authoring and delivery of (software) safety cases and arguments and will be comfortable working with engineers from other subject areas (including international colleagues). The following are desirable for this role:
- Knowledge and proven application of Modular Safety Cases and use of the Goal Structuring Notation (GSN).
- Familiarisation and working knowledge of standards such as: Def Stan 00-055, 00-056; IEC 61508, and RTCA DO-178C.
- Ability to work with, and produce, FFA / HAZOP / SHARD.
- To succeed in this role you will need to have an eye for detail, understand the need for complete openness and traceability in the safety arguments that you produce, and demonstrate unshakeable integrity in your dedication to the role.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to encourage others and maintain momentum during development.
- The work that you undertake will be across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is needed.
This is a fantastic role for someone with a passion for software safety and its application to modern weapon systems. Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can depend upon.
- Many of our products and components are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the chance to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy, and Germany.
- We offer an encouraging working environment where you can develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Your skills will be developed through a mixture of project exposure, formal training (including professional qualifications), and attendance at conferences.
- The Software Product Lines and Capability team supports the development of software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to sophisticated problems; you will work with a dedicated group of expert software and systems engineers on exciting and novel products.
- Supporting multiple projects covering actuation systems, launchers and weapon controllers
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.