Bristol Together. For the future of defence. Salary:
Up to £50k dependent on experience + bonus + benefits Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as four days a week on site, one day working from home with flexibility in working hoursThe Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Systems Modelling Engineer and People Manager to lead an RF Seeker Modelling and Performance team. As part of a wider systems team, you will be responsible for driving the development and delivery of system capabilities. Using model based systems engineering processes, and auto-coding to rapidly iterate the design and achieve the required performance of the Seeker.
As part of the role you will be involved in a number of activities including:
- Modelling in MATLAB and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Managing a Complex Seeker model including simulation of the RF environment, Seeker hardware and processor algorithms
- Task Package Management
- Development of algorithms within the model
- Interacting with a wide network of customers across multiple domains.
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Managing system studies and performance analysis
- Ownership of Processes and model deliverables.
- Facilitating team development in modelling practices and algorithm design
- Assessing system performance through the models against the requirements
- Modelling and coding (significant experience of MATLAB and Simulink)
- Experience in Verification & Validation, configuration control and model release processes
- Team Leadership and People Management
- Good communication and stakeholder management
- Data analysis and technical report writing
- Knowledge of RF systems and digital signal processing
- Algorithm development
Ideally you would have a degree level qualification or equivalent experience, and the ability to achieve the appropriate level of security clearance (SC). Most importantly, if you have a passion for the industry and technology then this will be the role for you! We can help you develop your career and give you exposure to some incredible technologies and products. What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.