: up to £52,000 DOE + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: here possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Are you looking for an opportunity to be at the heart of a once in a generation transformational initiative?
MBDA are at the forefront of the one of the most exciting and challenging programmes within Defence - to design and deliver a Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) for the RAF and international partners in record time!
The FCAS Acquisition Programme is currently in concept stage and MBDA are identifying and assessing a broad range of Weapons Effects Domain concepts including Network Enabled Weapons; considering how different networking approaches and technologies could provide operational advantage to the users.
We're seeking systems engineers and systems architects with knowledge and experience in networking, particularly Radio Frequency (RF) networks to join us to define, evaluate and refine concepts for future capability working closely with stakeholders within FCAS, inside MBDA and the wider FCAS community, in the UK and potentially partner nations.This role is accountable for working on a range of system engineering activities relating to Network Enabled Weapons and wider Effects Optimisation. Areas of work during 2023/24 include:
- Functional and Mission analysis.
- Developing, evaluating and refining NEW concepts for FCAS.
- Developing candidate architectures and deriving requirements.
- Driving out options and defining systems boundaries.
- Identifying and analysing technologies for application to the NEW problem space.
- Generating representations of NEW concepts and underlying network designs in selected tools, within MBDA and as part of wider FCAS activities (e.g. Matlab, Simulink, Riverbed).
- Defining and managing technology maturation studies.
Travel within the UK to other MBDA and Enterprise partner sites will likely be required. With the introduction of international partners into the FCAS programme, there is the possibility that international travel may be required.What we're looking for
What to expect:
- Relevant experience in systems engineering and architecting, including system modelling.
- A passion for technology and engineering - preferably in RF networks, tactical data links and/or communication systems.
- Able to work in a team and to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Experience of, or willingness to learn to operate within the scrum framework and adopt AGILE values and behaviours.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience of MBSE tools and techniques, creation and management of System Requirements and Information Exchange Requirements.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!