Salary:£45K+ dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Primarily office based (Bolton) with some opportunity for homeworking
Want to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative seeker solutions to address complex customer requirements? Then keep reading ....The opportunity:
An opportunity exists for an engineer with broad based skills, including a strong background in RF engineering, to take a key role in the design support of seeker products being produced in our manufacturing facility based at Bolton!
The Seeker Division designs and develops state of the art RF and Dual Mode (RF and IR) seekers for use in guided missile programmes. The role requires a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to work autonomously to support the delivery of products to the right standard and within the required timescales.The role:
What we're looking for from you:
- Acting as a design team representative to interface with the design and manufacturing teams to transition a seeker in product design from the development phase into series manufacture.
- Work with manufacturing to assist with the process and capability to prepare for manufacture for new seeker products including the manufacture of new technologies.
- Act as design authority for non-conformance management dealing with design queries and approving non-conformances where appropriate.
- Support manufacturing with the internal and external suppliers to support the manufacturing team to ensure continuity of supply.
- Resolve obsolescence problems by providing recommendations for design
We are looking for an Engineer with the initiative and the determination to investigate and resolve production problems. A broad-based engineering background would be essential to the role and a detailed knowledge of RF assembly and test procedures would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will be able to manage their own workload but also interact well with both the design and manufacturing teams working on the project changes in timely manner to maintain the production schedule.The team:
What to expect:
- The Production Support Team which is based in the factory looks after a variety of different seeker projects so there is plenty of variety - no two working days will be the same!
- The manufacturing team relies on support from the seeker design team, which is based in Stevenage, to help with highly technical problem solving. There are also strong relationships with external suppliers who provide sub-assemblies into the seeker build.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!