Up to £63k dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: The role allows for a hybrid working from an MBDA or home location as required to meet business demands - typically 3 days onsite & 2 days at homeThe opportunity:
Become the Technical lead of Information Management's Linux Service & act as our Subject Matter Expert ensuring our environment is agile, reliable, secure and meets the changing needs of our business.
What we're looking for from you:
- Act as a conduct & interface between our internal customers, colleagues and suppliers ensuring we operate effective and efficient Linux Services that meet realistic business needs, with high levels of reliability & performance at reasonable cost.
- Devise and implement automation services in the Linux environments to improve the agility and consistency of our Linux Services.
- Manage, monitor, process and implement systems / services monitoring solutions to improve system reliability & availability
- Liaise with other departments in identifying and resolving Linux technical business issue e.g. in software development environment in Lab environments
- Help ensure that technical knowledge is maintained to an appropriate level within I.M. and our Suppliers in order to support current and future business needs e.g. identify areas of weakness, areas of new technology that MBDA should exploit.
- Produce, manage and monitor roadmaps (technical & business) for our Linux estate & supporting applications & infrastructure
- Apply oversight to Supplier service & operations; introduce ideas on how we can improve service and suggests mitigations to risks that may affect services and solutions
Join a great team!
- Proven very good knowledge of Linux distros & technologies such as RHEL; Ubuntu etc.
- Shown understanding & implementation of Containerisation & virtualisation technologies such as Docker, Podman, various hypervisors and how these can be exploited in real-life
- You will have experience of understanding & implementing Automation, management & monitoring technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, Rancher, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana & Dynatrace etc. and how these can be exploited in real-life
- Ability to work effectively in multi-discipline, multi-cultural and diverse teams including directly with technical customers who develop applications in Linux & Microsoft environments
- You will be able to resolve complex technical problems with the capability to own and lead mixed discipline teams driving resolution and root cause fixes
- Understanding of High Performance Computing principles & technologies
- Understanding of Database Technologies such as MySQL, MariaDB
- Understanding of Network & storage solutions in support of Linux environments
- Operational understanding of Cloud Services and their infrastructure components including platforms such as Microsoft Azure
We have an excellent record of accomplishment for delivery. It is collaborative in nature, flexible and open-minded. We will offer you the chance to bring innovation and shape the future of IT within MBDA.
The team have won many Business awards for "contribution to the Business" and "working together as a team" in 2019, 2020 & 2021. This is because every member has the opportunity to broaden their horizons - both in technical knowledge & managerialWhat to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.