About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots across Scotland.
Salary: £44,100 – £66,100 depending on skills and experience + car/ car allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
Due to a period of growth within SSEN Transmission, we have an opportunity for a Network Development Project Manager within Capital Development & Delivery.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
-Manage, coordinate and support the development of schemes triggered by load or non-load means across the SHET area, as well as schemes that interface with other Transmission Operators.
- Develop close working relationships with System Planning and Asset Management on their portfolio of works as well as other dependant disciplines to ensure the whole system and whole lifecycle are considered at a very early stage.
- Coordinate the design development of detailed project proposals for all schemes in the transmission network to enable approval for progression to the construction phase under the Major Project governance process (MPS).
- Validate the technical design, programme (including outage implications), safety and quality plans, in compliance with the Construction, Design and Management Regulations, (CDM).
- Support the annual network reinforcement submission with the development of options for the submission; their conceptual design, cost and programme and provide support to Transmission System Planning Engineers in the conceptual design cost and programme for reinforcement and connection options considered in Feasibility Studies.
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in managing the development of an infrastructure project through the optioneering/routing stages of project development.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive forward a large program of works in a changing environment and be able to interpret wider business drivers and implement appropriate plans accordingly. Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- You will have a good commercial understanding and demonstrable experience in managing and reporting on a significant annual budget.
- A detailed understanding of the electrical network and a thorough knowledge of the regulatory framework and licence obligations of the transmission owners.
- Safety and Operational experience – Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations and Operational safety rules;
An engineering qualification is desirable and a detailed understanding of the RIIO-T2 business plan and regulatory commitments is highly advantageous.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net-zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying