Stevenage Guidance, Control and Navigation within the Future Combat Air Systems (FCAS) team are hiring !Salary
: Dependant on experienceHybrid working pattern
: Predominately office basedThe opportunity:
Applications are encouraged for the role of: GCN FCAS Effect Management Systems (EMS) Team Leader. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers who develop and maintain algorithms for the next generation of the customer Air Domain Weapon Systems. This includes Autonomous Systems algorithms, and Artificial and Machine Learning algorithms.
The candidate will lead the Assessment Phase algorithm activities with opportunity to steer the technical direction as the project move towards the Development Phase. There will be an opportunity to grow the team during this phase.
An important aspect of the role will be to act as the GCN technical interface for the algorithm team in managing relationships with our partners companies and to develop new partnerships with external companies.What we're looking for:
Specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
- You will have strong leadership and communication skills
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to leadership and have the ability to inspire others in order to reach goals and objectives
- Ideally, you will have experience of leading teams
- A keen curiosity about innovative technologies and their applications
- Degree qualification or equivalent experience in a subject with mathematical content (e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science)
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience is beneficial
- Domain knowledge such as Command and Control, Dynamic Systems, Sensors, and Autonomous Systems or similar technical knowledge is beneficial
- Experience algorithms development and associated tools is beneficial
- Experience of algorithm research and / or product development and support
Relevant read across knowledge and skills from complementary subject areas are welcomed.
Please note that we are currently recruiting for a number of Projects including FCAS/Tempest.
MBDA is the first truly integrated, multi-national defence company in Europe, enabling the development of missile and weapon systems for each branch of the armed forces: air, sea and land. MBDA's range of technologies and products consolidates the group as a world-leader in the defence industry.What's in it for you?
You'll cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics.
You'll work on complex and exciting concepts and products as part of a passionate team of specialist engineers. You'll interact with other subject areas like Simulation and Modelling, Image Processing, Software, Navigation Sensors, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation, Seekers & Sensors, Datalinks and Technical Quality.
We are exposed to ground breaking technological innovations and our Engineers play a meaningful role through the development of our complex weapon systems in all stages of the lifecycle.
We believe strongly in people and team development and there are opportunities to develop your career across a range of futures such as a technology specialist or functional/project manager.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary
review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.