Together. For the future of defence. Salary:
Circa £44,000 + dependent on experience + bonus + benefitsHybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working -
such as 4 days per week on site, 1 day from home with flexibility in working hours The opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer, with strengths in algorithm development and team leadership to join a growing seeker team on the Future Cruise Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) programme.
Through your leadership, the seeker team will develop algorithms to deliver the required seeker functionality. You will get involved in developing seeker modelling, defining systems studies, and bringing algorithms through their full life cycle - including auto-coding on cutting-edge hardware.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of other activities within the programme including support to field trials and lab testing. There are numerous progression and development opportunities available, as well as interaction with stakeholders across a dynamic multi-national engineering team. What we're looking for from you:
What to expect:
- Be a confident team leader by managing a multimillion pound Work Package Manager for Seeker Modelling
- Lead the technical development and maintenance of the Seeker algorithmic performance on cutting-edge hardware. Bring your experience and insights to accelerate development.
- To bridge any cultural and physical gaps between different specialist skill group to deliver coherent and complete performance models
- Identify and advocate resourcing needs to the senior programme leader for the seeker and manage the Seeker Modelling team to success
- Support the function in evaluating and pro-actively improving your team. Also build your team through successful hiring of high-performing individuals.
- Deputise for senior leadership when appropriate and represent the overall seeker team when required
- Identifying studies that demonstrate the algorithm is fit for purpose and identifying future changes required as a result of any deficiencies
- Encouraging innovation - for example improved agile methods, process improvements, and use of machine learning / AI in the products
- Share best practise across the programme and function, with a remit to challenge design and processes in order to the meet the ambitious FC/ASW programme where, "schedule is king"
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.