- Evolito Ltd
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Closing date
- 23 Feb 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Design, Electronics, Research and Development
- Aerospace & Aviation, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
Evolito was spun out of YASA Limited to exclusively industrialise the next-generation electric motor technology and IP for the rapidly-growing aerospace market.
By accelerating the adoption of electric propulsion, we will help revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation.
As part of our initial growth phase, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team to design, implement, test and document hardware used in our range of revolutionary compact and lightweight motor controllers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and validate electronics hardware for use in inverter and converter products used in aerospace applications
- Lead and contribute to design reviews
- Contribute to the justification of designs’ compliance with the functional safety case
- Interface with component suppliers
- Simulation of electrical and thermal models and evaluation of results
- Support PCB layout design
- Provide manufacturing support
- Evaluate component lifetime, limits and derating
- Supporting EMC testing and the development of technical files.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with proven experience in an electronic design role, preferably for aerospace applications and electric motor drives
- Good knowledge of ECAD tools, EMC testing and aerospace inverter systems
- Good experience performing worst case analysis and reliability analysis on complex electronic designs.
- Good understanding of DFM best practice and both PCB and PCB Assembly manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of design for EMC best practices and how this needs to be considered within component and product design
- Experience performing HW DFMEA and a good understanding of the overall DFMEA process
- Experience in developing products that comply with functional safety standards (such as ARP4754A/DO254)
- Confident with customers and suppliers, able to detail requirements and understand issues
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- Results-orientated and self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- An interest in continuous professional development and combining experience with new or novel techniques
- Willingness to travel as required.
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Evolito is a unique technology company that is accelerating electrification in the aerospace sector. We want to revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation. Driven by a shared passion for engineering excellence and sustainable mobility, our unique technology and capabilities will enable us to fast-track the adoption of electric propulsion in aerospace and accelerate the Urban Air Mobility market.
We will enable a leap forward in the possibility of e-flight by harnessing our unique attributes of least weight, highest quality, and dual advantages of high performance and efficiency.
We bring over a decade of experience in delivering and scaling propulsion technology into the EV passenger car market where performance and quality are critical.
For electric flight to truly take off, we need people who can help us deliver new technologies in new ways.
Units 1-3 Charles Shouler Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert