Evolito was spun out of YASA Limited to exclusively industrialise the next-generation electric motor technology and IP for the rapidly-growing aerospace market.
By accelerating the adoption of electric propulsion, we will help revolutionise personal mobility and transform our towns and cities with clean, noise-free electric air transportation.
As part of our initial growth phase, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team to design, implement, test and document hardware used in our range of revolutionary compact and lightweight motor controllers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and validate electronics hardware for use in inverter and converter products used in aerospace applications
- Lead and contribute to design reviews
- Contribute to the justification of designs’ compliance with the functional safety case
- Interface with component suppliers
- Simulation of electrical and thermal models and evaluation of results
- Support PCB layout design
- Provide manufacturing support
- Evaluate component lifetime, limits and derating
- Supporting EMC testing and the development of technical files.
Skills and experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with proven experience in an electronic design role, preferably for aerospace applications and electric motor drives
- Good knowledge of ECAD tools, EMC testing and aerospace inverter systems
- Good experience performing worst case analysis and reliability analysis on complex electronic designs.
- Good understanding of DFM best practice and both PCB and PCB Assembly manufacturing processes
- Good understanding of design for EMC best practices and how this needs to be considered within component and product design
- Experience performing HW DFMEA and a good understanding of the overall DFMEA process
- Experience in developing products that comply with functional safety standards (such as ARP4754A/DO254)
- Confident with customers and suppliers, able to detail requirements and understand issues
- A flexible approach to work with the desire to thrive in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams
- Results-orientated and self-motivated with the determination to succeed
- An interest in continuous professional development and combining experience with new or novel techniques
- Willingness to travel as required.
Are you Evolito?
Apply now for immediate consideration.