Calibration & Maintenance Electronics Engineer
- Closing date
- 24 Feb 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000 dependent on experience, plus bonus and benefits
An exiting opportunity has arisen to join the Calibration and Maintenance team at Stevenage to Commission, Calibrate, maintain and repair electrical and electronic test equipment, used for the design, proving, manufacture and support of our products, with a particular emphasis in servicing 'Special to Type' Test Equipment (STTE).
The work is varied, interesting and challenging.
What we're looking for
- Minimum qualification of HNC/HND in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Experience and knowledge in the calibration of test equipment, and maintenance of test systems to component level.
- Good understanding of calibration principles and processes.
- Able to mentor other or more junior staff when requested by line manager.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A good understanding of SAP would be an advantage.
- A knowledge of temperature/process calibration would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
- You will be working with an experienced team of Calibration & Maintenance engineers, supporting complex test platforms used for the design, manufacture and test of complex missile systems.
- You will be trained to calibrate special to type factory test equipment, using a range of techniques, from DC to microwave.
- Opportunities to work 'in the field' at other MBDA sites, trials facilities, and customer sites in the UK and beyond.
- You will have opportunities to liaise with engineering teams from a broad spectrum of disciplines e.g. Manufacturing, Design, and Test to gain an overall appreciation of MBDA and its function.
- You will have regular reviews, to assess and plan any future development opportunities and needs to widen your overall engineering knowledge.
- Responsible for the initial commissioning, routine calibration, periodic maintenance and component level repair of various electrical/electronic test platforms, including 'Special to Type' test equipment, designed and manufactured within MBDA.
- Calibration and servicing of commercially available test equipment
- Calibration and repair of test platforms using defined instructions, handbooks, drawings and specifications.
- Generate clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
- Provide technical advice/guidance on C & M measurements.
- Work closely with the design teams, manufacturing and the customer to help resolve issues as they arise through the whole life cycle of the test equipment.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a small, dynamic and focussed team of electrical and mechanical engineers, responsible for supporting the test and measurement equipment used during the design, manufacture and in-service support of our products.
The team are self-motivated, with a pro-active approach to delivering support to our internal and external customers and suppliers.
We work closely together, sharing knowledge and best practice, while embracing innovation.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert