Electrical Engineering Officer
- National Museums Scotland
- National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street Edinburgh
- £33,111 - £36,006 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Electronics, Project Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Job Type
Job: Electrical Engineering Officer
Salary: £33,111 - £36,006 per annum
Benefits: Fantastic pension (27.1%), 36.5 days leave (and more!)
Hours: 37 hours (Permanent)
Location: National Museum of Scotland (+travel to other sites)
National Museums Scotland is one of the leading museum groups in Europe. With one of the largest and most diverse collections in the world, we are responsible for the acquisition, preservation and display of a substantial part of Scotland’s cultural, historic and national heritage.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, honest, service-driven individual to join our team.
As an Electrical Engineering Officers with National Museums Scotland you will:
- Ensure the planning and delivery of an effective estates maintenance and minor works programme
- Monitor and manage the electrical installations delivered by the service provider and contractors across all Museum property, to ensure there is no impact on business continuity or visitor experience
- Develop and lead on minor works projects, asset registers, and backlog maintenance programmes of work for electrical services, regularly prioritising, reviewing and updating, ensuring key safety, statutory compliance and business continuity risks are controlled
- Robust management of operational electrical systems through contractor management, to provide fully maintained and effective systems
- Effective management of electrical work projects and contracts
- Effective contribution to the efficient management of the National Museums Scotland estate
- Able to travel reliably to site(s)
- Civil service pension (27.1% employer contributions!)
- Generous Annual leave: 36.5 days! (Inclusive of public holidays)
- Cycle to Work scheme Free access to national (and international) museums and exhibitions!
- Exclusive discounts on both local and national highstreet and online retailers!
For us, hiring the right person for the right job is everything to us. We want to encourage you to apply if you think the this is the role for you!
If you would like to apply we would advise that you read through the full recruitment pack for this role and apply directly via our website linked below.
Please see here for the full job specification and recruitment pack. The application form can be found here.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert