: MBDA operates ‘Dynamic Working', a hybrid working system that allows employees to balance time between office working and home working. Note this role involve periods of working with highly classified material that can only be accessed when office working.
Sea Ceptor is a very successful, innovative, high profile maritime air defence system that is in-service with the Royal Navy and export customers.
MBDA is looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to lead the System Design engineering team who are working on multiple domestic and Export Sea Ceptor contracts.The opportunity:
This role will manage the overall system design of the Sea Ceptor Weapon System including but not limited to its Security, Safety, Requirement Management, Performance and Verification. The Head of Sea Ceptor System Design will work closely with the Head of Sea Ceptor Functional Architecture to ensure that future Sea Ceptor developments evolve in a holistic manner retaining a common core design.
You will be responsible for all Sea Ceptor contracts based on the use of the MBDA Maritime Launcher System (MLS). This includes delivery on time, cost and quality the Sea Ceptor MLS based programmes whilst also supporting the wider system (regardless of launcher type) i.e. Verification, Safety, Security and Performance. The role will also support New Business activity including the bidding for new contracts and potential new business opportunities.
The role includes:
What we're looking for:
- Identifying and resolving areas of technical risk.
- Technical interface for all the product's development areas.
- Conduct and analysis of system trade off studies and system studies.
- Support to the CSE in the product's development, technical risk areas, and reporting.
- Maintain a full understanding of the product's definition including being the authority for System Design Module (DOORS), corresponding specs and system level specification, the environmental specification and the Sea Ceptor Generic document Suite, including CSRDs, Product Specs etc.
- Non-Compliance management.
- Advising on system design and functionality conflicts.
- Owner of system design and product performance.
- Configuration Management, and management of the Product Configuration Record, Certification and Modification Register and Platform Configuration record.
- Being the interface for the pan project Performance Lead to deliver performance assessments as required.
- System Verification and Certification of all Sea Ceptor weapon systems, for all launcher variants.
- Work with the project's Safety Manager to deliver Weapon System Safety assessments and documentation.
- Supporting sub-system design, verification and integration activity as programme needs dictate.
What to expect:
- A candidate who has detailed understanding and proven experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle including requirement elicitation, identifying and managing key design drivers, modification development and formal verification and certification processes;
- Evidence of an ability to manage work streams across several programmes, whilst providing clear direction and guidance to team members.
- Experience in Systems integration (mechanical/electrical/software) and system interface definition;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in building cohesion in the relationships between the Systems team and various interfacing teams;
- Experience in RTC & DOORS.
- Experience in partner management.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!