Senior Design Engineer
- Power Supply Projects Ltd
- York, North Yorkshire
- Up to £55,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- SDE - York
- Design, Electrical, Project Engineering, Other
- Consultancy, Power, Rail
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
This position reports to the Principal Engineer and is normally office based as part of the Design Team. The role is part technical and part managerial. Technically it is to assist in all design aspects of A.C & D.C Power Supply works and act as Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) in representing the company. The Senior Design Engineer shall ensure work is carried out safely in accordance with applicable legislation, rules and standards, to specification, on time and within budget.
- Creation of scheme designs
- Preparation of technical specifications
- Preparation of protection calculations
- Preparation of cable calculations
- Preparation of technical specifications for ordering of project specific material
- The technical review and verification of third party design submissions.
- Liaise with Engineering Team together with the Construction and Commissioning Team, as well as clients and suppliers.
- Preparation of Client technical queries, review / acceptance of response.
- Receive, and resolve site technical queries
- Creation and circulation of warning notices
- Revision of design to as-built status.
- Maintain daily diary of activities.
- Issuing and circulation of design documentation to project team, supplies, sub-contractors, and site.
- Report progress weekly and attend any progress meetings if required.
- Lead in the Design review process Lead in the Design Risk review process
- Be pro-active in identifying and reviewing best practise and value engineering topics.
- Ensure activities comply with PSP HSEQ Policies, conform to contractual obligations and meet statutory HS&E regulations.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert