Degree Apprentice - Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Great Baddow, Chelmsford
- £20,000 starting salary, with performance related uplifts
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Design, Electronics, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Apprentice, Early Career
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence has evolved from a heritage of 40 years and has rapidly expanded through digital, working in multiple industries and employs great minds to solve tough problems for our customers. BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is a division of the BAE Systems Group; a premier international technology defence, aerospace and security company. We develop a wide range of products and services across several domains including: air, land, sea and cyber.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we’re interested in the skills and ideas that you will bring to our business. By embracing diversity and inclusion, we make best use of individual talents and allow our colleagues to expand, learn and recognise their strengths.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Be a full-time employee of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Undertake a Degree Apprenticeship in Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development
- Experience the academic part of the programme in the form of a ‘traditional’ BEng degree undertaken at Essex University
- Spend the ‘vacations’ working in our engineering teams at Gt Baddow
- Develop the skills to design and develop state-of-the-art software, firmware or electronics.
- Work with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams.
- Scope, plan and be responsible for delivering work to agreed timescales.
- Be involved in customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in areas of core expertise and more generally.
- Work towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
Key Programme features
This Graduate opportunity is an integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building performance excellence. You will experience:
- Three years of academic training culminating in a BEng degree in a traditional university environment
- In addition you will be provided with structured training and development on domain specific and general engineering skills, delivered by our internal staff
- A strong foundation in practical, interpersonal and business skills
- Being part of a positive and dynamic working team challenging problems that matter to our customers
- Responsibility from Day 1
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed in your role
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background in STEM subjects at A level Or equivalent, this can be BTEC, Advanced Apprenticeship or Degree.
- An interest or experience in Space related subjects
- An aptitude for problem-solving and expanding knowledge,
- Broad interest in electronics technology,
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a changing and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent team working and ability to contribute as part of a diverse team
- Ability to learn quickly and sometimes working to challenging deadlines
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Assessment activities include:
• CV submission & review
• Digital assessment, following application closing date
• Interview with one of our Engineers
Followed by Medical & Security checks on offer
Reward & Benefits
- £20,000 starting salary, with performance related uplifts
- Fully funded training and development with subject matter experts
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
If successful you will be contacted by our internal recruitment team and invited to an interview later in 2022. The start date for this role will be September 2023.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert