Embedded Software Project Lead
- Up to £70,000 (doe) + Bonus + Benefits
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000 (DOE)
What to expect:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Embedded Software Project Lead (Bristol - R09690)
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created an exciting opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol for a Software Project Leader.
The team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique and exciting opportunity will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills across our range of products.
As a Software Project Leader you will:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of software for embedded missile systems on time on cost and on quality.
- Lead a team of professional engineers that are specialists in hard real time software development.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams to ensure technical excellence in the software produced.
- Ensure application of software development plans and configuration control.
- Provide regular reports to demonstrate progress achieved.
What we're looking for from you:
An experienced software team leader who is able to make decisions for software development:
- A strong ability to direct a team of software developers and effectively communicate with people at all levels across a range of mediums.
- A good understanding of software and the software development process to be able to provide effective management oversight.
- Project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software developed in the team.
While not essential, it'd be beneficial if you had:
- Understanding of technology used in the real time embedded software development.
- Understanding of SysML/UML and C, C++ or Ada Languages.
- Experience in working in a high technology environment where the quality and accuracy of work is critical.
- Awareness of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & DO178B/C
Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role.
Join a great team!
The Embedded Software team specialise in all aspects of embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
The Embedded Software team develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert