Quality Inspector - Shift
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Berkshire, England
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Nuclear Industry
- Job Type
Role- Quality Inspector - Shift role
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £21,700 - £30,900 (dependent on experience) plus 20% shift allowance.
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will assist Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements.
- Supports certification of products, process, services and trials.
- Application of Route-cards, non-conformities, concessions and work permits.
- Maintenance and enhancement of skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work programmes.
- All - maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- Good attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards. Good inter-personnel skills.
This is a shift role working on a rotation basis.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert