The Digital Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The Digital Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligencegrade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. Today, we have staff across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper - from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals. Together, we make the world a safer place. Make everyday matter
About The Team:
A successful candidate for this role will work in Digital Intelligence’s Singapore Hub, with a focus on delivering and support complex systems to our customers.
The Role - Junior System Consultant (Project Deployment):
The Junior System Consultant (Project Deployment) is a member of the Singapore Engineering Team. Junior System Consultants (Project Deployment) are trained to be hybrid Infrastructure/Application Deployment Engineers who ensure perfect execution on project tasks. They are Deployment Engineers with strong emphasis on IT fundamentals capable of taking on different technology stacks and yet care deeply about delivery milestones. Their versatility on the ground is fundamental to company success by constructing highly complex system or perform tactical upgrades to propel the project business. In this role, the selected candidate is the system builder (solo or team depending on project size), working with very large dataset, and solving hard engineering problems at scale to help our customers defend against threats, reducing their risk in the connected world.
To succeed, a Junior System Consultant (Project Deployment) must have an engineering mind-set, passionate and a curious mind about technology, preferably someone who enjoys working within structured project schedules but willing go above and beyond to meet tight timelines when required. The selected candidate should be someone bold to express their technical creativity and improvisation skills to Solution Architects to tackle unexpected issues during deployment. This is an extremely hands-on role and Junior System Consultants should also possess relentless drive in gaining extensive knowledge on both BAE and 3rd party products. We want to invest in talent to grow with the company for the long term.
- Regular interaction with customers with a key focus on ensuring success for our customers
- Carries out agreed execution procedures of a progressive nature like network/hardware/software/platform configuration and installation.
- Create high-quality technical documentation, for example Implementation Plans, Deployment Guides and System Acceptance Test
- Finding new and better solutions, challenge existing solutions in a professional and constructive manner
- Share experiences between colleagues aiming on perfecting best practices
- Working with software engineers to deploy/modify code and software packages regularly
- Tuning, troubleshooting and scaling systems that runs Very Large Databases (VLDB) - must have curiosity and interest with the internal workings of a complex system.
- Together with the larger Engineering Team, you will share an on-call rotation
- To support occasional project requirements in out of hours.
Mandatory Traits and Skillsets
- Analytical mind and keen sense of software logic
- Effective communicator to act as bridge between developers/project managers and customers.
- Understanding of OSI & TCP/IP
- Understanding of Basic Network Switching and Routing Technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers and Linux administration preferably with Red-hat
- Must adapt to high pressure environments and handle multiple tasks
Advantageous Skillsets & Potential Growth Opportunities:
- Working experience in
- Supporting complex, scalable Big Data Systems and VLDBs.
- Supporting industry standard databases like Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Supporting Microsoft technologies like Active Directory and GPO
- Supporting network equipment from Cisco or Arista
- Database query languages with TSQL or PL/SQL
- Database and Server monitoring, maintenance, resource management, capacity planning and performance tuning for mission critical systems.
- At least one of the high level languages like Powershell, Vbscript, Python
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
- Understanding in
- Project management processes
- Relational databases
- Big Data framework and related technology stack like Hadoop, Parquet, HBase, AVRO, HDFS, Mesos, YARN
- Search engines and NoSQL like ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Deployment tools like Ansible and Puppet
- Messaging systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Processing frameworks like MapReduce, Spark
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and Inclusion:
As a company committed to inclusion, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and on a full or part-time basis. Diverse perspectives and innovative thinking are fundamental to our continued success. As an international organisation we strongly support flexible working conditions to accommodate for working in different time zones, cultures, patterns and client facing environments. We encourage all our staff to think about how they and their teams can work flexibly to get the best balance and results for our organisation and every individual. Division Overview: Software Engineering
Software Engineering exists to satisfy the Digital Intelligence strategy to grow in the international large-scale security market by leveraging government relationships and differentiated propositions. Our mission is to support those who defend nations, organisations and citizens from physical and cyber threats. As well as our traditional deep expertise in communications intelligence for governments and telecommunications companies, we help our customers collect, store, analyse, and extract intelligence from open source information and to fuse multiple data sources into insightful intelligence.
We also help our clients monitor cyber activity to identify new threats and threat actors within the cyber domain, locally and nationally, and build secure communications infrastructure. We are the home for advanced electronic capability within Digital Intelligence and solve our client’s requirements with a mix of advanced software and hardware solutions combined with associated services offerings. Help us secure a connected world by being an unseen hero. Apply now and be inspired.