Solution Architect - Digital Defence Services (hybrid working)
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
About the role
Here at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. We are an innovative and respected engineering organisation providing services to governments around the world. We are proud of the mission critical systems that we build for our customers, in areas that truly make a difference to society.
We’re now looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join the Digital Defence Services Business Unit which delivers mission focused solutions in digital transformation to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects for our clients.
You would be base in our Leeds Engineering Centre with flexible hybrid working options.
Security Clearance is required for this role, if you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the clearance process.
What you’ll be doing
You will work closely within an Agile Development Team to architect the overall solution, provide software engineers with guidance on microservices structure, interface design etc. and provide technical assurance across the developed product.
- Lead the development of solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering approach.
- Ensure that the design meets key functional and non-functional requirements and will allow the operational and through-life scenarios required for the solution to be satisfied.
- Specify the development of performant, secure and supportable code and data flows
- Own and manage technical and solution risks. Works to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- Retain overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification.
- Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
You have a background in software engineering and are experienced in leading the development of solution architectures. You have excellent communication and influencing skills, managing stakeholders across the business and within client organisations.
Given the client-driven nature of our work, technology stack can vary from project to project. However, experience of at least some of Enterprise Java, Linux, AWS and Nifi would be useful; as is experience of cloud technologies.
What we can offer you
• An opportunity to work on some of the most rewarding projects in tech - we’re not exaggerating when we say our work saves lives and changes how we live.
• A truly collaborative environment - whether you’re on a large project or working as a small team, you’ll work closely with the rest of the Digital Intelligence community so there’s always support whatever challenges you face.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert