BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
The Digital Defence Services Business Unit in BAE Systems Digital Intelligence delivers mission focused solutions in digital transformation to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our team to provide architectural direction. This would include but would not be limited to providing architecture artefacts to the Engineering Lead and the Capability Development teams, providing Architecture “options” analysis to the Customer (DE&S), and communicating the strategy and architecture to senior stakeholders within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, DE&S, and the end-users.
- Produce High-Level Design and Low-Level Design documentation.
- Produce Architectural "Options" for Customer Decision making.
- Work closely and effectively with other roles to provide coherent leadership, for example, Project Managers, Engineering Lead, Data Migration Lead etc.
- Work with Technical and Engineering Lead on the design of the system and associated components.
- Update the Management Team of weekly progress and risks.
- Conduct risk assessments for the architecture including interfaces, hasting, support and more.
- Key Skills
- Works with minimal-to-no supervision on large and complex projects.
- Self-driven and is capable to navigate a complex technical and stakeholder landscape.
- Ensures that appropriate MOD standards and industry best practices are identified and adhered to, including knowledge of JSP604 and JSP440.
- Proficient in the MOD Architectural practices, i.e. TOGAF ADM, ArchiMate and NAFv4.
- Ability to contribute to Business, Data, Application and Technical Architectures.
Given the client-driven nature of our work, technology stack can vary from project to project. However, experience of at least some of Enterprise Java, Linux, AWS and Nifi would be useful.
You must have a willingness to travel to other UK sites when required, up to a maximum of 4 days every 2 weeks. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.