Apprentice Software Engineer - London, Guildford - September 2023
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Design, Systems, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Apprentice Software Engineer (Level 4 )
Start Date: September 2023
Location: London & Guildford
The Software Apprenticeship at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is designed to give you the confidence and technical capability to support our customers’ mission to deliver a safer future for the UK . You will be provided with the tools, training and support you need to become a rounded Software Engineer in the sector, whilst gaining a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Software Engineering.
We are recruiting diverse teams of future Software Engineers. You may have some work experience in IT, you might be a STEM or Arts graduate looking to apply your degree in technology, a non-graduate with a passion for IT, or a more experienced professional looking to kickstart a new career in software engineering! Whatever your background, you will have the aptitude and passion to solve real world problems using IT. If you want a rewarding career within the sector, making the world a safer place, this Apprenticeship could be for you.
We will support you through the UK Security clearance process to DV level which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of the UK Government.
To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance. Read more about DV clearance using the link below:
Key Programme features
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- Industry recognised qualifications including: Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship; Oracle Java Certified; BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Development Methodologies; Microsoft MTA HTML Level 5 Application Development fundamentals.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading intensive training by QA Apprenticeships for 4 months, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready Software Engineer. The training will be held virtually;
- Candidates will be Security Cleared at the highest level in order to support government contracts;
- On completion of the training you will have achieved SFIA level 3 competency in Software Engineering as well as other industry recognised qualifications;
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems Central Government subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career in BAE Systems - making the world a safer place.
Reward & Benefits
- £18,000 starting salary
- Regular salary uplifts throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Be eligible for UK Security Clearance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/united-kingdom-security-vetting-applicant
- Numerate - demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate - demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- STEM A-Level, BTEC or Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
Should your initial application be successful, you will be invited to progress through the below assessment process:
- Digital assessment, which will include video questions and aptitude testing
- Video interview with one of our Engineers
Life at BAE Systems Digtial Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert