BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments. Performance Tester
- Bristol based
- SC with Enhance clearance
The performance of our applications is fundamental to everything we do. We develop and integrate applications of national importance, which really do make this country a better, safer place to live. We’ll give you the chance to work on sophisticated projects. Essential skills and knowledge
• Proven experience of performance testing, preferably of web applications and web services, but all performance test experience is relevant
• Experience of investigating root causes of performance issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
• Tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
• Desire to support junior team members, and share knowledge and experience both within the projects you are working Essential competencies and experience
• Scripting and executing performance tests using LoadRunner or similar performance tools.
• Performance testing of web applications
• Using and interacting with Postman, REST, SQL, Oracle
• Using performance monitors to diagnose performance issues
• Experience planning, estimating and designing performance testing Desirable competencies and experience
• Experience with the performance testing of REST web services
• Experience with NeoLoad or JMeter
• Experience with ElasticSearch, MongoDB
• Some development experience Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.