Product Engineer - SAP SDMM
- BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Product Engineers operate, change and grow software that has either been developed, customized or configured to add value to the customer. This is a multi-functional role that works with a Product Team to deliver business value through a high quality product using optimized-flow delivery models based on Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban.
Product Engineers will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality, and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. Product Engineers will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Product Engineers will have a deep understanding of their application and how it is configured for the business, they will live and breathe the Agile manifesto and will use processes, tools and culture to continuously improve what they do and how they work for the delight of the customer. Adding value everyday will be a key goal.
The Product Engineer - SAP SDMM will be:
- Supporting the design, configuration and development, supporting the customised and standard SAP SD/MM solutions; their integration with the end-to-end solution. Will be accountable for the quality of the design and delivery of the components.
- Responsible for adhering to standards, governance and best practices set out by the Product Architects.
- Responsible for being a contributor in the Devops team, supporting the application, resolving incidents/problems, reducing technical debt and developing new features to help enable the business through ERP.
- Responsible for providing product and service direction to the Product Management Team and implement these as part of a self-organising team.
- Supporting the reduction of the volume of incident and problem tickets by addressing the root cause and /or Product knowledge gaps in the business.
- Directly working with peers and Product Analysts by helping refine the requirements and translating them into SAP SD/MM functional and technical designs.
- Jointly responsible, alongside other Product Engineers, producing cross module designs which are complementary of each other and promote continuity of knowledge across the team.
- Working with suppliers, customers, team members and industry peers to continuously improve delivery.
- Familiar with process frameworks like ITIL, Prince2 and Agile and have a good understanding of an efficient Software Development Lifecycle.
The Product Engineer - SAP SDMM will have:
- Track record of successful delivery playing an active part in the implementation of SAP ERP and integrated enterprise systems for medium to large organisations.
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, configuring, supporting customised and standard SAP SD/MM solutions; has an indepth understanding of Sales Order Management and Material Management ( i.e. understands how upstream transactions in SAP impacts SD and MM) , management of Company Codes/Sales Organisations, Purchasing Organsiations and Taxation that will enable the candidate to deliver quality and fit for purpose solutions.
- Solid understanding of SAP ERP modules, components and architecture.
- Good Integration knowledge with other SAP modules.
- In-depth understanding of SD/MM master and transactional data and practical knowledge of the flow of data within and outside of SAP
- Hands-on experience in data migration, cleansing and transformation using LSMWs, BDC, and Mass Upload tools in SAP.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving using SAP notes and SAP Help; ability to use technology to solve business problems.
- In-depth understanding of an end to end SAP software development lifecycle in an agile or waterfall environment.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) with the ability to tell stories, draw pictures and document what you have done so others can understand, pick up from you and learn.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the ‘consumer’ perspective - you will know what they expect from IT and what they will need even before they do. We are expecting an awareness of the changing pace and individual-centric design of IT in the market place and that you’ll apply these to your Product.
- An eagerness to learn enough about the product and its roadmap.
- Passion for doing things differently by challenging the norm and inspiring others to do the same through facilitating a culture of trust openness, honesty, a can do attitude and discipline through strong time-management and organizational skills.
- You need to be able to see the end-to-end system, understand constraints and bottlenecks and be able to work out how a process can be simplified, interactions can be automated and, through mastery, how the system can become highly efficient in both delivery and support.
- There may be a little bit of an obsession when it comes to the configuration control, ergonomics and aesthetics, user experience and customer perception of your product. You need to set the standards.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we believe that digital technology is the key to unlocking our customers’ advantage. By advancing digital technologies, we open doors to worlds of opportunities, together. We work across 6 main areas, Cyber, Defence, Delivery & Advisory, FinCrime, Intelligence and Space. Come visit us at the expo, or our website, to learn more about our opportunities.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert