About the role
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence we produce state-of-the-art electronic products which are critical for the safety of our society and the protection of industry in the UK and across the globe. A rigorous manufacturing framework underpins these products, ensuring that deliveries to our customers are of consistently high quality, and ensuring our products are resilient throughout their service life.
You will be involved with all aspects of the assembly and test of our complex digital and analogue electronic products, working closely with our team of Manufacturing Engineers and Hardware Developers. You will work across all stages of the product lifecycle including prototypes, productionisation, production and support, which will help you develop a deep technical understanding of our products. You will use electronic engineering principles to identify improvements and overcome technical issues quickly.
You can expect to receive an industry-beating salary and benefits package, key features of which include a performance-related bonus, private medical, share scheme, and company-funded pension. You will get 25 days holiday per year (+BHs), with an option to buy or sell additional days. And most of all you will benefit from the job-security that comes from joining one of the biggest employers in the UK!
Despite the size of the BAE Systems, you will join a relatively small and agile team of engineers and technicians specialising in high-mix low-volume production. As a result, you will benefit from a varied day-to-day workload that flexes according to the current demands and priorities. You will be mentored and receive all the training you require to perform your role successfully, through a combination of on the job or via formal training, with the opportunity to gain EngTech and/or IEng professional registration.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to our success. We are proud to have a culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
This is permanent full time role, working on-site in our engineering facility in Guildford. Due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, candidates must have the permanent right to work in the UK and be eligible to undergo a UK security vetting procedure.
Come and help us protect the digital world.
What the job involves
• Integrating, configuring and testing electronic products
• Maintenance of test specifications and procedures
• Configuring computer systems and ATE, including oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analysers (training will be required for all specialist operations!)
• Ensuring the correct test equipment and tools are available, fit for purpose and calibrated
• Undertaking fault diagnosis, typically with support from senior engineers
• Ensuring our production environment is safe and that operations are carried out in a safe and controlled manner
• Identifying and recommending opportunities for process improvement and cost-efficiency
• Tracking and reporting status to Engineering Managers
• Carrying out ad-hoc assignments when required and being adaptable to changing project demands
Desirable skills and experience
• Educated to Level 3 (ONC or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or able to demonstrate relevant practical engineering experience working in a live electronics production environment
• Familiarity with electronic components and their in-circuit functionality.
• Understanding of electronic principles, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, BoMs and test specifications.
• Operation of electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, network analysers, function generators, etc.).
• Experience interacting with computer systems running Linux
• IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Self-driven with an enthusiastic approach and a willingness to continue to learn and develop your technical skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.