Support Engineer What we are made of
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join a team of engineers that provide critical third line application support to a Law Enforcement stakeholder community. This follows a period of continuous growth and success in the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors.
Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems.
Our people are what differentiate us, they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. In general, we work in teams. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with balanced, high quality solutions.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge.
Our breadth across the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients. Technical Skills - as a third line support engineer you will need to be:
- Proficient in VB.NET and C#
- Proficient in relational database management, particularly Oracle SQL
- Proficient in Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle 12C database administration is preferable
- Able to examine and understand the application codebase
The support engineer will work with the team on the code base and development environments and therefore it is adventagour to also be familiar with:
Role Requirements - as a third line support engineer you will be expected to:
- GIT (BitBucket)
- CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- JIRA Project Management (and Agile principles)
- Docker & Linux
Service Enhancement - development opportunity:
- Be part of a small support team, delivering technical guidance and engineering assurance in line with best practice, and routine supervisory management of day to day business.
- Carry out or support root cause analysis into complex problems and deliver a workaround or code fix in line with service SLA’s
- Work as part of the team to deliver application and database changes when required on the back of a problem o r client change request.
- Be comfortable engaging with stakeholder second line technical teams across the Law Enforcement community
- Engage with the client technical lead as required to present problems and options for resolution
- Deliver a weekly extract of the support backlog and monthly service report to the stakeholder community and customer
- Work independently and as part of a small team as required, whilst maintaining focus on quality and continual service improvement
- Participate in stakeholder site visits as required to roll out service updates, or carry out problem investigation and health checks
- Join the service Out of Hours rota (additional generous payments offered)
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- A period of service improvement is planned, which will provide an opportunity for the support team to work collaboratively with a project team and deliver a set of critical enhancements to this capability.
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.