Software Design Engineer (Embedded)
- Up to £65,000 (doe)
- Closing date
- 4 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: up to £65,000 (doe)
What to expect:
- Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Paid overtime
- Annual salary review
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking to build a team of highly capable and adaptable Embedded Software Design and Development Engineers, so if you are just starting out on your career or have many decades of experience we are interested to hear from you.
You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems.
These are fantastic opportunities for engineers with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems!
What we're looking for from you:
This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing safety-critical Actuator subsystem software. Do you have proven experience of any of the following or have a proactive-desire to cultivate your career within:
- Hard real time software development on Bare-Metal systems.
- Strong C Programming skills.
- Problem-solving capability to investigate software/hardware issues.
- Developing safety critical software (SIL3/4 or DO178C software level B/A).
- Working in a lab environment on an electro mechanical product running embedded software.
- Requirements authoring, analysis and review (preferably in DOORS).
- Full life cycle development in Agile/SCRUM working environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical.
The right behaviours are important too; can-do attitude, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process adherence and quality focus.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert