Software Design Engineer (Embedded)
- Up to £65,000 (doe) + bonus + benefits
- Closing date
- 4 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Software Design Engineer (Embedded)
Salary: Up to £65,000 (doe)
Some of what to expect:
- Bonus of circa £2,000
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- Paid overtime
- Up to 15 days flexi leave
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression/development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working; typically, 1 day per week from home.
Seeker software is a complex real-time sub-component of a Missile, responsible for consuming data from a variety of advanced sensors and interfacing to other sub-equipment on-board a missile.
There is a great opportunity for an experienced embedded software engineer to join our team to develop current and future seeker systems. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team (hardware/ software/ firmware) with innovative technology, you will be at the forefront of missile system design.
What we're looking for from you:
This is a technical hands-on role and will involve all aspects of the software life cycle:
- Requirements capture
- Embedded Software Architecture & Design
- Verification (Reviews & Testing)
Proven experience and a proactive desire to cultivate your career in the following areas:
- Hard Real-Time embedded software development
- Strong ‘C' Programming
- Communication Protocols (e.g., SPI, UART, Ethernet, PCI-Express)
- Software Design methodologies (e.g., UML)
- Strong problem solving at system and software component level to investigate software/hardware issues
- System integration and performance analysis
- Working in a lab environment using Missile components and Test Equipment
- Full life cycle development in Agile/SCRUM working environment
The right behaviours are important; a can-do approach, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process alignment and quality focus!
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert