Structural FEA/Senior Structural FEA Engineers
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- England, Berkshire / Hampshire, England, Basingstoke
- £38000 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Control & Instrumentation, Design, Mechanical, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Nuclear Industry, Oil & Gas, Power, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
AWE currently has exciting opportunities for Structural FEA and Senior FEA Engineers with varying degrees of experience.
Role - Structural FEA and Senior FEA Engineers
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £38,000 - £65,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body
- AWE Life Insurance
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
What will you be responsible for?
This role sits within the Engineering Analysis Team who provided FEA services across the entire business and lifecycle of our products. The analysis projects you will work on are challenging and varied and may include:
Linear and non-linear implicit analysis
Dynamic explicit analysis
Dynamic frequency domain analysis
Multi physics coupling inc. FSI
In addition to day-to-day analysis tasks, other responsibilities may include:
Communicating analysis results through production of clear, concise reports & presentations
Applying model V&V techniques whilst adhering to quality assurance procedures
Representing the wider business at national and international conferences
Experienced engineers responsibilities may also include:
- R&D of new and novel techniques in the field of engineering simulation
- Technical leadership and mentoring of junior analysts
- Interacting with stakeholders & translating customer requirements into analysis deliverables
What will you need to be considered?
We'd love to hear from individuals with a degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or similar). Experience in one or more of the following would be beneficial:
Commercial FEA codes, particularly ANSYS, ABAQUS and LS-DYNA
Commercial pre-processors such as Altair HyperMesh and ANSYS Workbench
Testing techniques used to obtain mechanical material property data
Experimentation for the acquisition of model validation data
PLM and CAD systems - Siemens Teamcenter and NX are particularly desirable
Linux based HPC systems and batch submission systems
Use of Python scripting to automate models and analyse data
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert