About the role:
Base Location: New Forest, Portsmouth, Theale or Swindon
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 + car / car allowance and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available.
We are looking for a Delivery and Contracts Manager to join our team!
Working closely with the Regional delivery Managers and our contract partners, you will support the management of a detailed and balanced programme of works to deliver all outcomes aligned to price control measures/targets.
You will take the lead on our contractor resourcing strategy within the operation working closely with Procurement, specifically focusing on driving sustainable efficiency through effective works management and initiatives.
You will also take a key role in driving continuous improvement more generally and supporting to make innovative changes to improve efficiency and meet delivery and strategic goals.
Other roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Control and the regional teams to plan network outages that optimise outcomes for customers and the business.
- Take a lead in end-to-end continuous process improvement, identifying areas for possible short, medium and long-term efficiency gains and driving local projects to support positive change within the group.
- Work with the operational teams to identify ways to drive down unit rates and CAI whilst maintaining and, where possible, improving performance. Support initiatives, directly where relevant, and report on activities where effective change has led to increased operational efficiency.
- Be an expert in the current price control requirements. Working with the P&I Manager and Head Of, and other key stakeholders, consider the longer-term delivery strategy, including planning ahead for RIIO ED3.
- Establish open, honest and positive communication and engagement channels to ensure teams are aware of and can implement decisions which drive excellent performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of managing business plans and budgets to meet financial targets with strong management and organisational skills.
- Previous programming or business/data analyst experience + excellent planning skills.
- Experience of projects and programmes through multiple organisational levels in a medium sized organisational unit.
- IT skills to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations.
- An awareness of finances and unit costs, with strong commercial awareness and an understanding of how a DNO operates and generates revenues and incentives within the current price control period.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.