About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: £44,100 - £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Here at SSEN Transmission we put stakeholders at the centre of our business strategy and decision making. Planning and delivering best practice engagement is vital to the delivery of our plans for business growth and delivery of a network for net zero.
The primary purpose of the Lead Stakeholder Engagement Manager is to support the Head of Stakeholder Engagement in delivery of these business goals and department objectives.
The duties and responsibilities of the Lead Stakeholder Engagement Manager are:
- Lead and work with their colleagues to deliver the annual SSEN Transmission Stakeholder Engagement Delivery Plan so that the team can effectively undertake engagement that supports the development and operation of the SSEN Transmission network.
- Engage with internal colleagues and gather external stakeholder insights to develop engagement plans for strategic business priorities, strategies and regulated business plans.
- Lead to develop, implement, and maintain the necessary business processes, practices and behaviours to deliver the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy and Advanced Stakeholder Engagement Standards, and help ensure our people are trained in these key business practices.
- Measure and accurately report on progress in order to improve effectiveness and input to future annual plans.
- Line-manage and drive activity and output from direct team members. Support other members of the Stakeholder Engagement team.
- Represent SSEN Transmission with stakeholders and industry specialist groups - including Ofgem, other network licensees, business customers, communities, best practice forums and other wider stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing stakeholder engagement.
- Strong leadership and people management skills and significant experience of leading and motivating teams of people, including cross functional programme teams, covering multiple objectives.
- Experience of developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining engagement delivery plans and underlying policies, including securing support and associated approval.
- Ability to time manage effectively and deliver to a deadline whilst managing competing priorities with a broad and varied programme of work.
We would love you to be:
- Stakeholder focused, self-motivated and flexible, with a can-do attitude, positive influencing skills and the ability to find answers within a diverse engineering-focused organisation.
- Organisationally and commercially aware, analytical, and with great problem solving skills; able to consider the 'bigger picture' and long-term goals in assessing an issue and recommending a solution.
- A strong communicator with the ability to present confidently to large audiences, lead focused discussions and coach and develop other team members in these essential skills.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.