Are you a Mechanical Engineer, who has the ability, to see the bigger picture, and identify and execute solutions? If so, the Warhead Systems Engineering Team could have a career for you.
Role: Mechanical Engineers - (Integration systems)
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area (office based)
Package: £33,850 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
We are looking for Engineers at various stages of their careers to apply their Mechanical skills to challenging design, system integration, safety, security, or nuclear projects.
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an Engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
The difference you'll make in this role:
- Contributing/Leading to the delivery of requirements, conceptual designs, detail designs, manufacturing specifications, operational documentation, and validation evidence for engineering solutions through all lifecycle phases
- Applying Systems Thinking and finding novel solutions to difficult technical challenges
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Communicating your ideas through CAD, reports, and presentations to others
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective, and safe, today and into the future
The key skills & experience you'll bring:
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in a science or engineering discipline or proven experience working in a similar environment
- Ability to integrate highly complex system concepts and work well in a team and support or take the technical lead in projects
- Experience in creating concept designs, assess key attributes and interfaces using applicable 3D CAD/CAE software
- Experience of using Siemens Teamcenter/NX is particularly desirable, although training will be provided
- An understanding of structural/thermal/dynamic analysis would be advantageous
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.