Senior Principal RF Seeker Engineer
- Closing date
- 18 Feb 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Together. For the future of defence.
Salary:circa £55k + depending on experience + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to lead development activities on future Seeker products. With the kick-off of a series of RF Seeker programs, we are looking to expand our Seeker leadership team with an individual who can technically lead other specialist Engineers to develop innovative solutions in our Seeker products, own an area of the programme and manage both internal and external stakeholders.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in developing complex engineering products
- Leading teams with a breadth of experience and development needs
- Being product focused, able to draw on experiences to make decisions to steer the direction of our RF Seeker Products
- Experience working as part of, or leading, multi-disciplinary teams
- Ambition to continue developing and broadening technical knowledge
Required (at least one of the below)
- Systems Engineering using MBSE methods
- Signal processing developments, ideally related to Radar or Image processing
- Solid understanding of RF electronic design activities
- Has lead the development of a complex product from conception through to production
- Awareness of Radar systems and how they operate and/or other RF products
- Awareness of Missile systems
- Experiences in creating/working towards product architectures from scratch
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert