Service Delivery Manager
- Reading, Berkshire, England
- £67506 - £78474 per annum
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2023
- Computing & IT
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant.
Salary: £67,506 - £78,474 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Service Delivery manager (SDM), reports to the Head of Service Delivery. This role is primarily accountable for integration and management of services from both internal and external suppliers to ensure delivery of high-performance end-to-end IT operational services supporting business processes in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA's). Excellent Stakeholder Management, Commercial, Contractual and Supplier Management skills are therefore required to successfully execute this role. Key to this role will be commercial and contractual management of the IT Outsource agreement with Telecoms along with a number of key, high value contracts in the Shared Services Portfolio.
- Accountable for the Operational Services for all direct production IT and network services, managing service providers to deliver SLAs and Key Performance Indicators.
- Develops and maintains effective commercial and service management of external suppliers, including monitoring of all direct contractual agreements: financial, term and conditions of use.
- Own customer satisfaction measurements and reporting including driving improvements using recognised satisfaction metrics.
- Accountable for ensuring services are compliant: GDPR, Security and Resilience working within the Group Policies and risk appetite.
- Provide strategic direction to the service providers, in support of departmental and company goals and targets.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Significant experience of working in IT at a management level with strong leadership experience in IT Service Delivery and Service Management.
- Dealing with in-sourced, partner and outsourced resources, both off and on shore.
- Diverse commercial, financial, contract and supplier management experience.
- Excellent effective stakeholder management including excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Service Management processes and best practice such as ITIL.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275 846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert