Operations Training Manager
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Hybrid working pattern: This role is predominantly a 37 hour on site at Bolton role however on occasions and with prior Management agreement working from home may be accommodated.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic forward thinking individual to plan, develop and ensure delivery of training to internationally recognised standards in our leading edge technology environment.
- Support the effective development and deployment of Operations and Manufacturing Skill Pools aligned to project requirements to meet the evolving needs of the business, both short and long term
- Support the maintenance and development of functional excellence activities, aligned to performance management activities and business excellence
- Support through training, the Health & Safety of all employees operating within manufacturing environments in accordance with Company Procedure and current legislation
- Development and delivery of effective skills competency training for our Apprentice population
- Certify and recertify operators to the relevant IPC qualification
- Assist external provider in NVQ qualifications for both apprentices and adult learners
- Update, issue and control of the Skill Matrix and Apprentice Placement Plan
- Line manager for the Training Officer based in Bolton
What we're looking for from you:
- Qualifications and qualities
- Approved Engineering Apprenticeship, with one of the following criteria:-
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Vocational TR23 Units with Further Education, ONC or City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education, BTEC ONC/HNC/HND
- You will be hard-working, proactive and adaptable, able to deal with complex situations
- Highly developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and route cause analysis
- Ability to self-manage to deliver the company training requirements
- Ability to deliver presentation material to supplement training deliverables
- People management skills would be advantageous
- Experience working in an adult learning environment
- Ideal educational requirements
- IPC-A-610 CIT
- IPC J-STD-001 CIT
- IPC-A-620 CIT
- IPC-7711/7721 CIT
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Candidates using a Range of Methods (A1)
What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert