Electrical Calibration & Maintenance Operator
- Closing date
- 22 Feb 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: £36,204 + bonus and benefits
Shift work/ Shift patterns: Working on site Monday-Friday (flexi start and finish)
An opportunity has arisen to join an improving team within the Calibration & Maintenance (C&M) Department for an Electrical Calibration & Maintenance Operator. This will involve working on Special to Type Test Equipment, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) equipment across multiple projects. The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.
- Working in a multi discipline team to support the Operations team.
- Initial calibration, routine calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment.
- Ensure that both factory and proprietary test and measuring equipment is maintained in line with current procedures.
- Carry out calibration and repair tasks in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Generating clear and comprehensive calibration/maintenance records for traceability purposes.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3
- Manufacturing Engineering, either:
- Vocational G or H Units with Further Education, or
- Vocational TR23/TR21 Units with Further Education or
- Vocational NVQ3 with Further Education
- Minimum further education requirement: City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 or ONC/HNC
- Generate clear and comprehensive calibration & maintenance records.
- Experience of calibrating COTS/Special to Type Test Equipment
- Experience of calibrating electrical equipment such as Power Supplies, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
- Experience of In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Be competent in following manufacturer's instructions.
- A good understanding of SAP would be desirable.
- Experience of working on Environmental Stress Screening Facilities (ESS) desirable.
What's in it for you?
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities, on the job training and yearly development reviews.
Join a great team!
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require a dedicated and motivated team
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram
(lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert