Warhead Electronics Engineers
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Berkshire, England / Basingstoke, England, Hampshire
- £26500 - £39700 per annum
- Closing date
- 6 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Control & Instrumentation, Design, Electronics, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Defence, Nuclear Industry, Power, Software & Hardware
- Job Type
- Early Career
AWE has exciting new opportunities for the new generation of Electronics Engineers with knowledge and a keen interest in electronics hardware design and firmware knowledge, who are at the beginning stages of their careers, wishing to develop in the design and development of low-powered sensor-based systems within a diverse R&D environment.
Exciting and unique development opportunities with on the job and specialised training
Warhead Electronics Engineers
Location: Reading / Basingstoke Area (office based)
Salary: £26,500 - £39,700 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Potential opportunities to travel with work for conferences and international collaboration
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
Supporting the work of our Warhead Engineering team, key responsibilities will be the development of concept designs through to customer demonstration of operational prototypes.
Interest and knowledge in electronic engineering is essential (one or more of the following: analogue, digital, battery/low power, or optical) and knowledge of firmware engineering is desirable.
In growing our capability across these areas, we will also be looking to grow your skills and knowledge as an engineer with opportunities for development and progression across our programmes of work.
If you think you have what it takes to engineer the extraordinary and directly shape the future of our nuclear deterrent, apply to be part of our team to help with:
- Designing, building and testing novel solutions to solve technical challenges in a security-based framework
- Designing low power products utilising MSP/STM platforms
- Leading the design and development of products to time and cost
- Utilising experience in SPICE simulation and ECAD tools to deliver hardware at all life cycle phases from 'cradle to grave'
- Support integration of products into wider systems
- Inspiring and developing our engineers and scientists of the future
- Safeguarding our nation by ensuring our deterrent is credible, effective and safe, today and into the future
To be considered for the role, we require candidates to hold a degree qualification and/or extensive experience in electronic engineering, working in a similar environment and possess strong communication skills.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert