Lecturer in Communications and Networks
- Cranfield University
- Shrivenham, Oxfordshire
- Starting salary of £45,751 to £50,798 per annum, with potential progression up to £63,059
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Scientific, Teaching & Academic
- Communications, Computing & IT, Defence, Education, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Academic & Educational, Business & Non-Engineering
Lecturer in Communications and Networks
School of Cranfield Defence and Security
Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber
The Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber is a world-leading centre for research, education, and consultancy on a diverse range of specialities in electronic and digital attack and protection. The Centre’s capabilities are widely respected within the defence and security sector, serving an extensive range of students, clients, and organisations.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- The ongoing development and delivery of a range of educational interventions, in particular MSc modules on the Military Electronic Systems Engineering and Battlespace Technology courses, as well as module leadership, development, and organisation.
- Pursue and deliver excellent research.
- Supervising post-graduate students at Masters and Doctoral level.
- Enhancing the Centre’s professional standing, reputation, and impact.
You will be educated to doctoral level (or nearing completion) in a relevant academic subject and have experience of:
- An academic role, specialising in network security, cyber activities, communications electronic warfare or similar.
- As a network security, cyber activities, communications electronic warfare or similar practitioner in the defence, public sector, or related industry sector, with potential to develop in the academic environment.
With subject matter expertise in basic signal processing and communications, and wireless network systems, you will be a constructive and proactive team player. A strong peer-reviewed publication track record as main author is desirable.
As a specialist postgraduate university, Cranfield’s world-class expertise, large-scale facilities and unrivalled industry partnerships are creating leaders in technology and management globally.
Our Values and Commitments. Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do: Ambition; Impact; Respect; and Community.
We aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together and realise their full potential. We are a Disability Confident Employer and proud members of the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme. We are committed to actively exploring flexible working options for each role and have been ranked in the Top 30 family friendly employers in the UK by the charity Working Families.
Collaborating and connecting are integral to so much of what we do. Our Working Arrangements Framework provides many staff with the opportunity to flexibly combine on-site and remote working, where job roles allow, balancing the needs of our community of staff, students, clients and partners.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role then please click the apply button
Please quote reference number 4388.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 19 February 2023
Interviews to be held: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dr Phil Nobles at email@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are creating leaders in technology and management, unlocking the potential of people and organisations by partnering with business and governments to deliver transformational research, postgraduate education and professional development.
Cranfield's distinctive expertise is in our deep understanding of technology and management and how these work together to benefit the world.
Our education portfolio is renowned for its relevance to business and industry. We are the largest UK provider of master's-level graduates in engineering and offer a flagship MBA, extensive world-class customised executive education and professional development programmes. Our work informs government policy and leads the way in producing cutting edge new technologies and products in partnership with industry.
The research and consultancy we carry out for industry, government and business provides our students with a real-world learning environment, allowing them to develop as professionals and then transfer their knowledge to the global economy. This has always been the 'Cranfield way' but it has never been more important than in today's world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert