Principal OLE Manager - Origination
- Scotland, Glasgow
- Car allowance & Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 20 Feb 2023
- Job Type
- Business & Non-Engineering
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant.
Salary: £Competitive + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Principal Manager (Origination) will be responsible for leading in one of three key disciplines in the OLE Life Cycle: Origination, Land or Estates within the UK and Ireland. You'll lead a team of senior managers and managers across a potential range of onshore Wind, Solar, BESS, PtX and Hydro project opportunities with the primary key aims:
Project Origination - Project Identification, Evaluation, Appraisal and Stakeholder Engagement.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Developing and implementing a greenfield origination growth strategy in the UK and Ireland which maximises development potential, accelerates organic growth opportunities, builds a strong stakeholder network and appreciates competitor activity and market rates.
- Build and lead a proud and inclusive team, nurturing talent and promoting personal development to ensure delivery of a class leading service.
- Provide advice and suitable resource to key internal stakeholders/projects across multiple business areas on organic growth (wind, hydro, PtX, solar and BESS) repowering, life extension, hybridisation and co-location.
- Support the Head of Origination, Land & Estates in the optimisation, digitalisation, automation and transparency of the OLE working practices and procedures, including the smooth transition of information through the Land Delivery Life Cycle.
- Maintaining effective communication and transparency of deliverables and risks with all internal stakeholders.
- Reinforcing and building strong relationships with external stakeholders, including landowners, solicitors and land agents.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of greenfield project origination, identification and appraisal of potential renewable development opportunities.
- A clear understanding of the key restrictions and challenges to developing renewable development opportunities within the UK and Ireland.
- Experience engaging landowners and the negotiation of land agreements for large scale infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of relevant UK and Ireland energy markets, local and national policies and potential development opportunities.
- Proven success in leading, motivating and developing a diverse team with varied perspectives.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert