SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key sites which includes but is not limited to:- Perth, Inverness, Glasgow
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
As a C&I Cyber Security Engineer you will be the subject matter expert for OT Network Cyber Security along with core role focus on Operational SCADA and Control System platform management and support. This will include Data flow and integrity, hardware, software, integration and commissioning support on all operational and reporting systems installed across the Onshore Fleet of Wind Farms.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Involvement with data intensive environments where reliability and accuracy are critical.
- Engineering improvements and guaranteeing uptime of the systems sourcing and capturing data.
- Working closely with various departments and divisions within the wider SSE portfolio, providing support when required on short notice.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we'd love you to have;
- A minimum HNC qualification in either Engineering, Information Technology or Telecoms, accompanied by proven experience of Operating Hardware, Software and components.
- Knowledge of Operational Technology Cyber Security requirements, Firewall configuration, management and intrusion detection and familiarity with NIS Directive and IEC62443.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry standards and commonly used communication protocols including DNP3, Modbus, OPC, SQL and ODBC.
- An understanding of site wide and network communication systems including but not limited to DMR, GSM, Microwave and Satellite systems. Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching equipment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of SCADA and Control systems, including PLCs, their operation and maintenance would be of benefit.
- Hands on experience of Telecoms, electrical/control cabinets and associated components, their configuration, testing, maintenance and associated fault finding.
- An understanding of Fibre Optic networks, their design, operation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair techniques would be advantageous. Similarly, with copper networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence across varying levels of stakeholders and manage conflict in high pressure situations.
Due to the nature of this role, you must have a full, current driving licence, as remote working will be required on occasion.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.