SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Meentycat Wind Farm, Drumkeen
Salary: Up to €69,400 depending on skills and experience + operational vehicle + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
As a C & I Engineer you will be focused on Operational SCADA and Control System platform management and support. This will include hardware, software, integration and commissioning support on all operational and reporting systems installed across the Onshore Fleet of Wind Farms.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Involvement with data intensive environments where reliability and accuracy are critical.
- Engineering improvements to guarantee uptime of the systems sourcing and capturing data.
- Working in close quarters with various departments and divisions within the wider SSE portfolio, providing support when required on short notice.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- A recognised qualification in either Engineering, Telecoms or Information Technology, accompanied by proven experience of Server Operating Hardware, Software components along with knowledge of PLC operation and management.
- Hands on experience of electrical/control cabinets and associated components, their configuration, testing, maintenance and associated fault finding.
- Extensive technical capabilities including knowledge of network topologies, data flow management and MS SQL Database.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and associated protocols including OPC, OPC-DA, IEC61400-25, FTP, DNP3.
- An understanding of Virtual Machine environments, with knowledge of Industry Cyber Security requirements, the necessary methods of implementation and documented compliance procedures.
- A proven background working with site wide and network communication systems, including but not limited to Networking, DMR, GSM, Microwave and Satellite systems.
- Experience of Fibre Optics networks, their design, operation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair techniques would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to negotiate and influence across varying levels of stakeholders.
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the implications of engineering activities and decisions.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full and current driving licence, as remote working will be required on occasion.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.