C&I Networks Engineer
- Scotland, Strathpeffer, Highlands
- £47872 - £55653 per annum + Performance-related bonus
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Civil & Structural, Control & Instrumentation, Electrical, Project Engineering
- Power, Renewables
- Job Type
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Dingwall Contin Workshop, Inverness-shire
Salary: £47,872 - £55,653 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time available
What is the Role?
As a C&I Networks Engineer (Onshore Wind Operations) you will be the subject matter expert for Site Telecoms Network Connectivity and Communications. Along side your core role, your main focus will be on Operational SCADA and Control System platform management and support.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Providing support on all operational and reporting systems installed across the Onshore Fleet of Wind Farms.
- Working in data intensive environments where reliability and accuracy are critical.
- Engineering improvements that will guarantee the uptime of the systems sourcing and capturing data.
- Working closely with various departments and divisions within the wider SSE portfolio, where you would be expected to provide support when required on short notice.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have;
- A minimum of HND qualification in either Engineering, Information Technology or Telecoms, accompanied by proven experience of operating, configuring and testing of Hardware, Software and components.
- Excellent knowledge of the Telecoms industry standards and commonly used communication protocols. Solid technical capabilities of site wide and network communication systems including, but not limited to, DMR, GSM, Microwave and Satellite systems. Knowledge of network topologies, data flow management and associated equipment.
- Fault diagnosis experience is preferred. Which will be paired with knowledge of Industry Cyber Security requirements, the necessary methods of implementation along with documented compliance procedures would be an advantage.
- Experience of Fibre Optics networks, their design, operation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair techniques would be advantageous. Coupled with knowledge of SCADA and Control systems, VM's also PLCs including their operation and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be essential with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively across varying levels of stakeholders whilst managing conflict in high pressure situations.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence as remote working will be required on occasion.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert