Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Engineers
- Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE)
- Reading, England, Berkshire / England, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- £42650 - £70000 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Mar 2023
- Aerospace & Aeronautical, Control & Instrumentation, Nuclear, Safety, Systems
- Aerospace & Aviation, Chemical, Defence, Nuclear Industry, Oil & Gas
- Job Type
Great opportunities for Senior / Principal Nuclear Safety Engineers
We are looking for Senior Safety Engineers, ideally with experience in the nuclear or other highly regulated industries, to join our dynamic team.
Senior / Principal Nuclear Safety Engineers (Office based)
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £42,650 - £70,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- AWE Life Insurance
- Salary sacrifice benefits scheme
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
We are looking for senior safety engineers, ideally with experience in the nuclear or other highly regulated industries, to join our dynamic team. We have a friendly and supportive team for you to join of different experience levels and are looking for individuals with proven delivery or technical leadership. We are also able to offer training up to MSc level as well as detailed product knowledge training.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of warhead safety assessments on time and in full, aligned with company management procedures
- Providing leadership to the team as a subject matter expert in safety approach and assessments
- Maintaining appropriate oversight and governance of team deliverables to a high level of quality
- Ensuring safety is embedded into the wider product design and lifecycle elements
- Ability to lead and apply appropriate safety methods, tools and techniques to a product (HAZID, HAZOP, FTA, FMEA, bowtie analysis, etc.)
- Able to work at system, subsystem and detailed component or material levels
- Responsible for interfacing with a range of internal and external stakeholders across programmes and disciplines, balancing conflicting priorities and perspectives with designers, customer and Regulators
- Supporting external activities as required as part of the Outreach and Engineering Programme, i.e. through presentations to external conferences/symposia
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Honours Degree (or equivalent) in science, engineering or closely related discipline or equivalent level of experience
- Experience of delivering high consequence safety assessments, technical leadership and safety focussed design support
- Experience in high hazard environments or related industries
- Ability to demonstrate good engineering and scientific judgement and with extensive experience in using fundamental engineering and scientific skills
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role and be willing and able to travel within the UK and overseas as required (if applicable).
We’re looking for talented and ambitious people to join us in our work at the forefront of nuclear defence engineering, science and technology.
To work at AWE is to play a valuable part in keeping our country safe and secure.
Working at AWE gives you access to exceptional technologies, facilities and projects no ordinary company can provide – and the support of world-class professionals at every stage of your career.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert