Field Support Representative
- Up to £45,000 DOE
- Closing date
- 11 Mar 2023
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
After your training in the UK, you will be required to deploy to Poland as part of a team of FSRs for this location
A unique opportunity has arisen which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with experience as a ‘hands on engineer' to work as a Field Support Representative for MBDA's new Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) complex weapon system.
This role is the opportunity to be at the forefront of a once in a generation step-change in capability, working with multiple industry partners and Customer agencies, and introducing a new Export Customer to this system. Experience of working within the MoD/Armed Forces environment would be an advantage.
What are we looking for?
- You will be willing to deploy overseas in support of our Customer under Contractors on Deployed Operations (CONDO) conditions overseas.
- You need to be a practical ‘hands on' engineer willing to work with the Missile System Designers, the MOD, and our Customers.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills as you will need to be able to work with a variety of different types of people and while maintaining a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
- Sound knowledge of the MOD structure and engineering processes whilst keeping yourself up to date in the relevant technical areas.
- Deliver, or assist in the delivery of Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost including responding to respond to technical queries from the Customer.
- Provide Support to Design, Trials or Individual Projects when required and liaise with product suppliers in support of Field Support activities.
- Maintain personal and Technical reports and records of all Field Support activities, to a high standard.
- Having experience and a working knowledge of the GBAD Defence environment and/or experience of working with a Trials Team would be beneficial.
- Be able to mentor other, more junior, staff as appropriate.
- You will be expected to deploy to Poland on a 2 year International Assignment. Leave periods are subject to negotiation, though applicants should be aware they may be required to be deployed overseas during a holiday period.
- When your time in Poland has come to a close, you will have the opportunity to work with our many products and Customer locations around the world.
- You will work as part of the Field Support Team for our Land based complex weapon system, providing support to the Customer at various locations as required within the scope of your Company Approval.
- Work as a Field Support Engineer within a Contractor's Working Party, at the Customer's location, in the UK or overseas, within the scope of Company Approval.
- Respond to Technical Queries from the Customer in a reasonable and timely manner
- Initiate and implement process and technology improvements to deliver continuous improvements in MBDA Quality and product availability.
- Ensure all necessary tools and equipment are available for use or perform timely replacement and or calibration to secure minimal disruption.
- Assist other organisations with information and technical support regarding Company products during support, installation and commissioning activities, at the Customer's location.
- Be sensitive and appropriately responsive to the UK and any Export Customer's local culture, behaviour and requirements.
- After your training in the UK, you will be required to deploy to Poland on long-term International Assignment as part of a team of FSRs. You will be one of the main Customer-facing representatives for this part of the world, allowing you the opportunity to establish yourself as an SME.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert