Fitter 1 - Pumps
- Transport for London (TfL)
- Marylebone, London
- £62,340.00 PA
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Electrical, Maintenance & Service, Mechanical, Safety
- Rail, Transport
- Job Type
- Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
Overview of project/role
The post holder will be expected to lead a group or be a member of a group of working staff undertaking routine or preventative maintenance on any machine maintained by the Division ensuring that all relevant safety and quality standards, rules and procedures are adhered to.
The post holder will be an active member of the group and be responsible for:
- Reporting on job progress.
- Verifying the group’s attendance when leading the group.
- Ensuring all work is performed correctly using set procedures, to the highest standard and to ensure the necessary paperwork is accurately processed.
- Complying with the Company’s Safety and Quality Standards.
- Ensuring compliance with the Divisions Safety Management System.
- Acting as the Lift, Escalator and Pump Manager’s representative at all times.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- The post holder will have practical experience in either mechanical or electrical engineering relevant to the Division’s business.
- The post holder will in addition have served a recognised trade apprenticeship or the equivalent in adult apprenticeship terms.
- Be able to follow laid down procedures for the relevant processes being carried out to the highest standard of quality.
- Have a full understanding of maintenance techniques, materials and methods.
- Be self motivated and also be able to lead their working group on matters related to safety and quality, e.g. Safety Reference Manual, Quality Engineering Instructions, Health and Safety at Work Act, Personal Protective Equipment, Licences, etc.
- Hold a current UK driving licence and will be prepared to drive non HGV company vehicles when required to do so.
Equality and Diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
On this recruitment campaign, as part of TfL’s continuing commitment to be an inclusive and equal opportunity employer we will be removing personal identifiable information from CVs and covering letters that could cause discrimination
Please apply using your CV and a one page covering letter.
Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience in the advert and cover this in your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21st March 2023 @ 23:59
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
We will make every effort to give you as much notice as possible, however some interviews/assessments could be organised at short notice.
We may close this advert early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
This is a safety critical role so you will need to get clearance from our Occupational Health team before you start.
We work to keep London moving and make transport accessible for all. We are the local government organisation responsible for most aspects of London's transport system.
Our role is to implement the Mayor's Transport Strategy. We also manage those services across the Capital for which the Mayor is responsible.
Virtually everyone who visits, lives or works in London will use one of our services and every one of those journeys matters to us....
We are here to keep London working and growing, and to make life in the Capital better.
• London Buses
• London Underground
• Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
• London Overground
• London Tramlink (trams)
• London River Services
• Victoria Coach Station
• Barclays Cycle Hire
• Emirates Air Line
We also have other responsibilities including:
• Managing the Congestion Charge
• Maintaining 580km of main roads and all of the Capital’s traffic lights
• Regulating the taxis and private hire trade
• Making transport more accessible through coordinating schemes for people with impaired mobility and running Dial-a-Ride alongside the London boroughs Taxicard scheme
• Promoting a range of walking and cycling initiatives
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert