- Scotland, Glasgow / Scotland, Perth & Kinross, Perth
- £37600 - £56400 per annum
- Closing date
- 19 Mar 2023
- Civil & Structural, Electrical, Project Engineering, Systems, Other
- Construction & Building Services, Oil & Gas, Power, Rail, Renewables
- Job Type
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £37,600 to £56,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available (including up to 50% home working)
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission is currently recruiting a Planning Engineer to work within the Pre Gate 1 PMO; reporting into the Business Planning and Commercial team. You will be supporting projects from Project Inception through to Gate 1.
This role involves the following:
- Support of planning and scheduling services across a wide range of projects for the Transmission Business Unit.
- Look after a portfolio of diverse projects from inception and early planning, through to handover to the central development and delivery teams.
- Work closely with your colleagues in various departments to ensure all required elements are captured and being carried out effectively.
- Attending progress meetings and producing progress reports for various stakeholders.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting of progress for Customer Connections and the Pre-Gate 1 projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this opportunity we would love you to have:
- A qualification in a relevant discipline such as construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field or you should have equivalent experience
- Demonstrable understanding of SSE's business areas, the Energy industry, with knowledge of the SSEN Transmission business being desirable.
- Awareness of standard planning best practices and processes including experience of using our standard planning software Primavera P6
- Proficient and comfortable challenging information through project / management meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders, and excellent organisational and IT skills.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie at / or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert