£32 to £45k, dependent on experience. Plus Overtime and Bonus.Hybrid working pattern
: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Requirements engineering is an important skillset in the current design process; allowing accurate capture of user and technical needs, as well as analysis of compliance and traceability of the design throughout the product lifecycle.
If you are looking for a change in role, have a broad understanding of engineering principals or are unsure of your next career move, then this role is for you. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of engineering areas, alongside experienced engineers and technical experts, to be the technical author for a variety of Weapon System Equipment engineering specifications.
Weapon System Equipment plays a key role in the development and delivery of MBDA's products to our Customers.
We operate across the full range of Operational Commands including Land, Naval, Airborne and, increasingly, Novel Capability domains ensuring MBDA's systems remain at the forefront of defence capability. We specialise in providing physical design coherency across Weapon Systems for all phases of the development cycle and ultimately responsible for the system elements that our end users interact with.
Our Mission is to:
What we're looking for:
- Deliver world-class Systems, Subsystems and Equipment to our Customers Armed Forces
- Contribute to MBDA's international Weapon System Equipment Strategy, bringing the UK perspective to bear and balancing the need for technology re-use with the need to exploit emerging technology trends
- Apply the Weapon system Equipment Strategy to all new programmes, as well as through-life enhancement upgrades.
If you have a flair for accuracy and are able to bring clarity to engineering principals, you will be well suited to the Requirements Engineering / Technical Author role. You will have an appreciation for the need for structure in engineering processes and take responsibility for the capture of engineering requirements as part of the overall Weapon System and Subsystem development lifecycles.
As a requirements engineer, you should be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Define appropriate requirements in an engineering context
- Engage with technical expertise across the business to review and validate requirements
- Understand configuration processes with respect to requirements management and lifecycles
- Develop and complete simple compliance matrices to compare concepts and solutions against the developed requirements
- Migrate requirements to a verification matrix. as the product approaches certification
In addition, as your knowledge and experience progresses, you may be expected to:
- Perform Technical Authoring duties
- Liaise with process owners and tool administrators to develop the requirements management toolchain
- Own and document the requirement configuration management processes
- Manage the certification process with independent assurance authorities
- Contribute to our international generic product definition and architecture strategies
- Tailor the process to manage both internally derived design goals for product re-use and more classical contract compliance strategies
Note: MBDA uses IBM DOORS as its tool of choice for requirements lifecycle management and configuration. We have projects using a mixture of DOORS classic and DOORS Next Generation. Skills in either would be advantageous but training can also be provided.What to expect:
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances!