£36,204 + bonus and benefits
A skilled Electrical Wiring Operator who will be responsible for the carrying out of manufacturing and self-certification tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
What are we looking for?
- Repair of cable assemblies to drawing specification.
- Surface Mount Technology rework.
- Fault diagnosis.
- Workspace husbandry.
- Quality Assurance adherence.
- H&S adherence.
Here's what's in it for you
- Formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to ONC or equivalent.
- City & Guilds in Electrical Studies Parts 2 & 3 desirable.
- IPC 620 & Dynamic Cabling certified/ trained preferred.
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
- Manual handling training.
- This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
We are seeking a Skilled Wire Operator to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to fault diagnose and repair bespoke cabling to drawing specifications.
Join a great team!
- Fault finding and subsequent repair of cable assemblies.
- Carry out surface mount repair on CCAs.
- Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment to component level.
- PAT testing across the manufacturing site.
- Interrogate drawings during fault finding activities.
- Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
- Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract.
- Maintain excellent workspace husbandry disciplines.
- Maintain a high degree of tool control and FOD practices.
- Assist with maintenance of manufacturing aids as and when required.
What to expect:
- You will be part of a team of dedicated electronic calibration engineers and operations personnel in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment.
- The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from mechanical and electrical maintenance personnel through to experienced engineering practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence and maintain product output.
- The team are currently supporting a number of different missile systems in development and production, working closely with the design teams and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.Please Note
: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.