Skilled Electrical Wiring Operator
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Electrical, Electronics, Manufacturing & Production, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
A skilled Electrical Wiring Operator who will be responsible for the carrying out of manufacturing and self-certification tasks within the deployed business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Repair of cable assemblies to drawing specification.
- Surface Mount Technology rework.
- Fault diagnosis.
- Workspace husbandry.
- Quality Assurance adherence.
- H&S adherence.
What are we looking for?
- Formal technical engineering/ craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to ONC or equivalent.
- City & Guilds in Electrical Studies Parts 2 & 3 desirable.
- IPC 620 & Dynamic Cabling certified/ trained preferred.
- Possess experience in electrical wiring and assembly.
- Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
- Manual handling training.
- This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
We are seeking a Skilled Wire Operator to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to fault diagnose and repair bespoke cabling to drawing specifications.
- Fault finding and subsequent repair of cable assemblies.
- Carry out surface mount repair on CCAs.
- Maintain and repair test/measuring equipment to component level.
- PAT testing across the manufacturing site.
- Interrogate drawings during fault finding activities.
- Safety systems testing of Test & Measuring equipment in line with documented procedures.
- Provide Technical support to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract.
- Maintain excellent workspace husbandry disciplines.
- Maintain a high degree of tool control and FOD practices.
- Assist with maintenance of manufacturing aids as and when required.
Join a great team!
- You will be part of a team of dedicated electronic calibration engineers and operations personnel in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment.
- The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from mechanical and electrical maintenance personnel through to experienced engineering practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence and maintain product output.
- The team are currently supporting a number of different missile systems in development and production, working closely with the design teams and other stakeholders to overcome any technical challenges.
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert