Power Control Engineer
- Perth & Kinross, Perth, Scotland
- £53681 - £62405 per annum
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Job Type
About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £53,681 - £62,405 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
The Key Responsibilities for the Power Control Engineer are:
- Coordination of commissioning programs and operational data.
- Power system analysis of electricity flows.
- Understanding principles of real and reactive power flow and voltage.
- Experience and clear understanding of a safe system of work.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate SCADA displays and PSS/E models prior to network changes.
- In real time, commissioning and switching up to 400kV.
What do I need?
- To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A minimum of an HNC in electrical engineering and will ideally have experience as a senior authorised person (SAP).
- You will have a relevant background in electrical power system operation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate complex issues effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- You will be a team player and work well in a knowledge sharing culture.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work in order to achieve results and thrive under pressure.
- Previous experience working in a control room environment desirable.
About our Business
We are home to the UKs greatest resource of renewable energy.
SSE Transmission owns and operates over 145 substations across Scotland and with 8,200 MW generating capacity across in our network. By 2030 we will have 199 substations and 28,000 MW generating capacity.
Our business is on the front line of delivering Scotland to Net Zero and as such offers a wide range of opportunities to help shape this journey.
An integral part of managing this growth is having the correct tools to manage and process the dynamic system data. We will be moving into our custom-built control room in 2024 with access to world leading technologies to aid system management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on 01738 344049.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
We are driven by our purpose: to provide energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
We are a leading generator of renewable electricity and one of the largest electricity network companies in the UK.
We develop, own and operate low carbon infrastructure to support the zero-carbon transition. This includes onshore and offshore wind, hydro power, electricity transmission and distribution grids, and efficient gas-fired generation, alongside providing energy products and services for businesses, and we have interests across Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Poland.
Our twin focus of practicality and inspiration is a strategy that has seen us through more than 70 years.
We are UK listed, employing 10,000 talented and skilled people and are real Living Wage and Fair Tax Mark accredited.
Because we’re SSE, and we’re for a better world of energy – for everyone.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert