Facilities Senior Project Manager
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Building Services, Civil & Structural, Electrical, Maintenance & Service
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary: Circa £60,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to up to 21.25%
- Pension contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
An exciting role for an experienced Construction / Facilities Project Manager has arisen within the MBDA Facilities department to manage major, high value and often complex construction and Facilities projects. You will be leading project teams of internal and external expertise through development of designs right through to final delivery of new infrastructure and enhancement projects. Primarily based at MBDA UK's south east sites (Stevenage, Henlow, Thurleigh).
Your projects will range from £500k-£50M+ in value. The role will call on your project & programme management and problem solving skills and you will be expected to successfully interface directly with executive and director level stakeholders.
What we're looking for from you:
- A project leader with excellent people management skills, able to manage and drive the delivery of challenging projects.
- Project Management experience, with a strong desire to embed these working principles within the team.
- HNC Qualification or higher in relevant Construction or FM discipline is desirable
- Experience and good knowledge of construction contract management
- Experience and knowledge of managing project through RIBA Plan of Works stages
- Good experience and knowledge in a Facilities Management / Construction environment - especially statutory compliance such as Building Regulations, CDM and planning
- Ability to present sometimes complex project proposals in a simple and effective way to senior internal stakeholders in order to gain their approvals.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including an ability to set expectations and balance conflicting demands.
- Someone that can lead multi-functional project teams on new projects, inclusive of management of external consultants and main contractors, in order to meet programme, cost and quality requirements.
- You will need the ability to interrogate and interpret requirements, based on business understanding, challenging wants against needs when appropriate.
- Ability to adapt to changing and diverse workload with autonomy and resilience
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and professional approach, even when under pressure.
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearances
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert